SPRING 2023 HOURS
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 10:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
*Hours vary during summer session, school breaks and exams.* Please call or follow us on for updates!
Have a Question?
Call Us: 864-587-4208
Email Us: email@example.com
Use our "Have a Question or Comment?" Form
The SMC Library has a combination of resources to help you with your research, including print materials, eBooks, and online databases.
How do I find out what books are in the library?
One search provides one-stop searching for books, eBooks, journal articles, DVDS and more.
Sign in using your SMC email username & password in order to:
How do I figure out where a book or DVD is on the shelf? A call number is used to identify the exact location of an item on the shelf.
Want to recommend a resource for the library collection?
To recommend titles for purchase please send an email to Lori Hetrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need something that is not available in our library or in PASCAL? Try interlibrary Loan (ILL).
1. What are reserves? Course Reserves are books, articles, and other items placed at the library by a faculty member for class use. They are located at the front desk.
2. What kinds of items are on reserve?
3. What are the reserves circulation policies?
4. Can reserve materials be copied or scanned?
Students may copy reserve materials (in accordance with *Copyright Law) at a cost of 10 cents per page. Scanning materials to a USB drive is free.
*Under Title 17 of the United States Code, it is illegal to reproduce, distribute, or publicly display any copyrighted work (or any substantial portion thereof) without the permission of the copyright owner. Exceptions can be made under fair use guidelines, but the patron, not the Library, is responsible for any violations.
1. To access individual Online Research Databases or e-Book Collections, you'll be prompted to enter your SMC username and password. This is the same username and password you use to access SMC email or to login to computers at SMC. For the username you only need to enter the first part of the email address (example: smithjd19).
2. For any electronic resources listed within the ONE SEARCH, you'll be prompted to enter your full SMC email address and password.
3. Online (distance education) students may request Print books (owned by SMC) found in ONE SEARCH. These books will be mailed to the student's address free of charge (return postage will be included). Please contact us for assistance.
4. Online (distance education) students may also use PASCAL Delivers (learn more under Student Services).
If you need help with off campus access, please contact us: